Anonymous said: Why is life worth living? I ask myself this everyday, but can never even come up with one reason.
Waking up next to your best friend in her tiny bed.
Waking up alone in a tent.
The taste of green tea on a hot day.
Shaving your head and laughing.
The comfortable silence between yourself and another being.
A field full of wildflowers hidden behind crappy buildings.
Notes from middle school.
Climbing sand dunes, even if you were falling on the way up.
Walking away from the people who hurt you.
The way the earth looks after it rains.
Hot sand under your bare feet.
When a cat sits on your lap instead of the laps of the other 8 people in the room.
Buying a dress in a vintage shop you saw 4 years ago but couldn’t get then.
Getting naked in places you aren’t allowed to be naked in.
The feeling you get when you beat an anxiety attack.
Moving into your own apartment for the first time.
Finishing a piece of art.
When someone says, “this reminded me of you.”
Meeting a person who feels the same way you do about the world, knowing you’re not as alone as you thought you were.
Eye contact with a beautiful stranger.
Changing your mind about something you thought you knew your whole life.
2 am walks in the city.
The rush you feel driving through an intense thunderstorm.
Laughing so hard you pretty much pee your pants.
Family events you don’t want to go to that make you feel surprisingly thankful.
Letters in the mail.
Getting so full you have to unbutton your pants.
A good night’s sleep after 14 nights of depression keeping you up.
Not failing a test.
When someone says, “I’m proud of you.”
Telling someone how much you love them.
Laying in bed with a friend drinking wine and reading poetry.
Getting lost in cornfields with your favorite music blasting through the speakers.
When you finally get the courage to say how you feel.
Drunken nights full of people you don’t know spilling their entire lives to you.
Buying a used book that has underlined sentences.
The boxes you find full of pictures of people who passed away.
3 hour phone calls with someone you used to love.
The feeling of cool sheets against your bare feet.
I hope you can start seeing the small things and understand that those are what make you feel. Those are the reasons you’re alive.
1. Wash your sheets every two weeks, I promise you’ll sleep better.
2. If a boy breaks your heart, it’s okay to cry.
3. If a girl breaks your heart, it’s okay to cry.
4. School is important, but there are many things you can’t learn in a classroom. Pursue them.
5. Find your passion, and run with it.
6. No, you don’t need to lose weight.
7. You are beautiful without make up.
8. You are beautiful with make up.
9. Being a good person will never go out of style
10. Buy yourself flowers if you’re feeling sad.
11. Getting enough sleep is very important.
12. Drinking water has so many benefits
13. Believe in fairytales, believe in love, and allow no one to steal your magic.
14. Reading is good for the soul.
15. I am not here to judge you, but I will always support what I think is best for you.
16. I appreciate you.
17. I am proud of you.
18. Even on your worst days, you will never disappoint me.
19. I love you no matter what."
— 19 Things I Will Tell My Daughter (via minuty)